Tips For Planning a Bali WeddingDecember 1st 2014
When deciding on whether to have a villa, hotel and resort or beach wedding, keep your budget in mind. While each of these venue options are going to make a very memorable wedding day, they vary quite significantly in price. Beach weddings are generally cheaper than hotel or resort weddings and villa weddings prove to be the most expensive, as every aspect of the wedding day needs to be sourced individually PLUS the cost of hiring out the villa, with most adding on event hire fee charges.
- Do not underestimate the cost of having a Bali wedding. The cost of most things is quite reasonable and even cheaper than Sydney. However, things such as food and drink and especially alcohol is quite expensive.
- Holding a hotel or resort wedding prove to be the most convenient wedding venues. This way you can have the ceremony and the reception at the one venue. Every detail can be organized through the venues personal wedding planner.
- If you are catholic and planning on a religious catholic ceremony, please know that the Indonesian Catholic Church will not marry you outside the Church. This means that you will have to marry inside one of their Churches before proceeding to your venue to perform a commitment ceremony or reception. Alternatively, you can marry in your own Church before heading over to Bali. Every other Christian religion can offer you an ‘outdoor’ ceremony by a priest of that faith.
- Be sure to educate yourself on what legal paperwork you need to present beforehand and what you need to take with you to Bali to make your marriage legal. If you would like your wedding to be legal in Bali, you need to present a list of certificates on arrival and before your wedding day.
- While many venues have fabulously priced wedding ‘packages’ on offer, beware of what you receive within the package as some appear that you may be getting a lot more for your money than you actually are. Some are very limited in their inclusions and all do not include your reception costs. While most venues are quite flexible in customizing the package to suit your needs you must be very specific to avoid disappointment.
- It might be a better option to hire a wedding planner, especially if you are planning a villa wedding. On top of their planning charge, your personal wedding planner will assist you in planning every little detail from the beginning of the day right to the end of the day. Your wedding planner knows all the local suppliers and can alleviate a lot of stress involved in planning a wedding from a whole country away. There are many Australian wedding planners in Bali, which alleviates a lot of the stress of language barriers.
- Bali, while being hot all year round, doesn’t have a huge range of flowers to choose from for your flower arrangements, so be sure to get on this as soon as you have booked your wedding date to ensure that you end up with something you love.
- Often the local photographer included in a wedding package does not produce the best work. Be sure to ask who the venue suppliers are, particularly the photographer, as your wedding photos will become your lasting memories of the day. There are some amazing wedding photographers in Bali that offer fantastic services at amazing prices.
Planning is essential to a Bali wedding. Booking your wedding date well in advance means that you have the time to fine tune all the details to ensure the perfect day.
Are you planning your wedding remotely?
Source : blog by Souraya Chidiac